Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 21: I am thankful for my health.

For the past two days my son has been down with the flu. Apparently it is going around. And while my mom has been amazing enough to stay home with him, it has reminded me how thankful I am for my health.

A couple years ago I was not aware of how thankful I should be for my health. Three emergency surgeries and a lot of weeks spent in a hospital bed later I discovered how precious and fragile life can be.

Yes that was a year I do not want to remember.

But tonight, well tonight as my son fights the flu and as many around the world fight illness's and sicknesses I am so thankful that I am for the most part healthy (I could probably cut back on caffeine) and my issues are all in the past. Maybe I am still on the skinny side. And maybe I have yet to figure out how to eat an entire meal once more. But these are minor things really.

Yes I get sick on occasions. The flu hits, colds come and go. But for the most part I am healthy and happy.

And that is worth a thousand thanks!

No comments: