Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train...I

I take no credit in the photo.
There has been a lot of buzz this week going around regarding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in Fantasyland. it has been long awaited and anticipated by many, including in my very own household.

And earlier this week, video was posted from a recent ride on giving many their first 'on-board' test. I admit I get excited, I am counting down till the annual summer vacation anticipating the very ride. But what I did not do was this. I did not and have not watched the video.

You may ask yourself why. After all, I am a huge Disney World nut. I live for news, and videos and anything with the word Disney in it. So why not check it out and see what its all about. But here is my reasoning.

You see I like the element of surprise on the first trip. I love not knowing exactly where every turn is going to be at, or what Dopey's face is going to look like. Or this and that. I sort of enjoy the thrill of finding this all out in person. What is the fun of knowing things ahead of time? Yes I get in today's time where we live on social media spoiler alerts, the need to see things right away has its appeal. And is so so tempting. But doesn't that take at least a little fun out of it? Wouldn't you rather be surprised and in awe over it than not?

Besides, isn't that truly what life is all about.

No comments: