Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Playoff time once again.

Tonight the race for the cup officially begins for 16 teams. None of which are the Caps as we all know.

It is a strange strange feeling for sure.

I mean after all for the past seven years by this point I would be totally ramped up for them. I would be decked out in Caps colors, proudly display my bracket-forget about the NCAA bracket, its all about the hockey one here- and count down the very moments until that puck drops. I try to do work, which doesn't usually happen because I have half my office stopping every five minutes to ask me about the game, what do I think the outcome will be, how do I feel about the whole thing. Etc, etc, etc...

This year there has been none of this, no one has stopped other than to ask me to print something, scan something or enter something into a database. The bracket remains empty and the only colors that remotely resemble anything Caps is in the flag that remains up in my cube.

Yes it is strange indeed.

The only consolation in the whole not making playoffs is this: We will not have to endure the next week of speculations of just how long we will make it, how we just barely got in, in the first place and should we not make it past the first round, there will be no talk of what should have been. Believe me, that part of the playoffs I for one will not miss. We are now just left with the wondering of what next year will bring, next coaches? New GM? New players. All of the above, none of the above-which lets face it, something is going to happen.-and the thought that next year will be our year. Because we are Caps fan and what else would we think at this point.

And strange as it is not to see my beloved team in there, I will still be watching the playoffs, after all not only is there nothing like it but my other team (Boston) does happen to be in, so while the Caps are busy perfecting their golf swing, I will have to root for them...after all, it is the cup.

And despite who wins, and as mentioned.
There is nothing like playoff hockey...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What? The Bruins?! Ew! :) All in good fun. Go Avs!

Jennine Stalder said...

Awww! I bet you were really down about not seeing your favorite team play in the playoffs, Aleisha. However, it's good to hear that you're still a solid fan of them despite that. Keep your spirits up. The Caps are a great team, after all. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you! :)

Jennine Stalder @ Uniforms Express