Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Birthday Bash to the finish line.



Well we survived the final birthday bash blowout. Despite sicknesses and weather concerns. We made it. 

And it was quite the success. 9 bouncy and happy five year olds-and a couple of almost 10 year old cousins-came, ate and bowled, and left in a sugar filled comatose.  Sure maybe a kid or two that responded didn’t show up, or backed out last minute but I can’t think of a time, that doesn’t happen.  And in all honesty, 9 was a perfect number for the age. I don’t think he could have handled many more.   

I owe a big thank you to my parents, my mom for handling a lot of the up top portions, getting things together and making sure juices were poured and stuff as I was not feeling well. And my dad, for being on the lanes and helping the kids bowl.  Of course it helps my dad is a bowler. I grew up in bowling alleys and he spends a lot of his free time there on leagues.  But yes, I owe them so much for their help here.

After as we were on our way home, he mentioned how it was over until next year. A fact that made him a little sad, but he also totally understood. And maybe it is bad of me, but I kind of took a deep breath. Yes, it was. Don’t get me wrong, I love my son, he is the light of my life and my reason for doing what I do on a daily basis. But he did have quite the epic 5 year birthday. A trip to Disney, a birthday bash celebration at the happiest place on Earth. And the birthday party this weekend. The kid has definitely been in heaven lately.  It has also been exhausting, even if he doesn’t want to admit it himself; the kid has asked to go to bed at 6:30 the past several nights. Believe me this never happens anymore. 

He also made it clear- in only the way he can- that he knows this won’t happen every year.  And he is totally ok with that.  Though he wouldn’t object either. And he is already scheming for next year. Seeing that it is 51 weeks away he figures he has plenty of time to figure out what to do next. 

And after the whirlwind and the excitement of this birthday, well I better start planning. Seeing that this year is going to be pretty hard to top.

No comments: