Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hello and goodbye.

I woke up this morning, stepped out my front door and thought hello autumn. A common thought when for the first time it actually feels like autumn in DC. But what never fails to amaze me is this, how you wake up the day after Labor day and all of a sudden summer seems gone. Even if the calender says autumn isn't officially for another three weeks, somehow it knows that its over.

I suppose its only fitting, the kids are back in school, the summer holidays are over and vacation is once again a long distant memory or to far away to get excited about.

But does it really need to flip that quickly? I get that the afternoons are still warm, its like a giant tease, a LOL at us, seeming to say, hey you remember this weather yeah you should, it was only last week this was the low in the morning. Better enjoy it because these days are fleeting.

I remind myself its DC, its typical and the weather is as fickle as half those in office are. Its only fitting.

And as much as I like the colors, and the fact hockey is on all the time-well shortly it shall be anyway.-

To be honest.

I am not ready to give up my summer.
Not yet.

No comments: