Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Five Question Friday: 3/15 Lines.

 I hope everyone survived the first week of the time change. I know it has done a number on our household, mainly in the form of a confused four year old...but we have made it. And it being Friday once more means its time for this weeks Friday Five, The them for the week is: Lines.

1. What’s the longest line you’ve ever stood in?


Probably to get concert tickets back in the day when you actually had to go stand in line for tickets at the local Tickmaster locations. I remember one time specifically when my dad got up extra early and drove me all the way into DC-because back then it seemed so far away-to sit in the longest line to get tickets to a Backstreet Boys concert. We got there well before they wen on sale and it was already around the block. I knew we had very little chance of getting in, or even close enough. But at the moment, we all dreamed.

2. When did you have the most fun waiting in line?



That same line, it was so long they ended up doing a ticket drawing. We made friends with the mother in front of us, who needed three tickets. I needed two. There was a five ticket limit. We ended up making a deal, who ever got first would go in and we would get tickets for the other. She ended up getting fairly good number and so she got in. I just remember having a blast with her and her daughter while waiting. It was a great time, and showed that not everyone was out for just themselves. And you know, we even went to the concert with them and had a fabulous time no less sitting beside them. Imagine that!

3. What line, no matter how long or short it is, always drives you crazy?



The line for the bathroom. Do I really need to hear about your uncles best friends boyfriend's girlfriend who slept with so and so, and now has some kind of weird thing going on? Really  half of the conversations are ridiculous and has dif made me think twice before saying anything to anyone while in the bathroom.

4. When did you last behave in a manner that was over the line?



Probably two weeks ago. The hubby and I got into it, and yes we managed to solve it and work it out, but I was probably way out of line...

What are some lines of poetry you can recite from memory?

Probably my own

32

32 victims we never knew
a college many had no ties to
What a tragic state of events
fueled by a mad mans personal resents
One nations fallen silent
how can someone be so violent
Cover the world in orange and maroon
for those that left us a little too soon.

-yours truly.

And there you have it, my Friday five. May your weekend be beautiful...

No comments: