Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

ABC's and 123's

Tomorrow starts a new chapter in my life. I will drop him off as I do every morning with my mother. I will go to work, and when I return in the evening I will no longer have just a toddler on my hand.

But a pre-preschooler. (What the difference between pre-preschool and plain pre-school is still up in the air. )

I feel old.

This wasn't supposed to happen. Not to me anyway. Friends, family they could have kids that grew up, moved on and went to school. But not mine. No mine would somehow remain my sweet little boy forever. I was certain of it....

And yet? It begins tomorrow. And despite my every effort, Logan is indeed growing up. Starting with his first day. He is excited about this. Probably a lot more than I am. He has already determined that he wants to learn how to write his name, thinks school will be super cool and hopes that Superman is somehow in his class.

Well two out of the three ain't bad I suppose.

Whether he will still enjoy the whole school idea after a week or two will soon be found out. But for now, he seems to be doing a whole lot better than his mommy is about the growing up thing. I vow I will make it through the day without shedding a tear and then remind myself this will be easier since I am not going to be dropping him off. But who am I kidding? I know come tomorrow morning. I will be staring at the clock thinking and wondering what he will be doing.

Is this what it is going to be like for the next fifteen years of my life? If so I can just imagine what Kindergarten is going to be like. And I don't even want to contemplate graduation.

Lord help me.

No comments: