Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Five-Statehood.

Well folks it is Friday. Thank the lord. I have to say I am slacking lately in updating the blog. Seems I have not been in my right frame of mind since returning from vacation. Hopefully this will change. But for the meantime, enjoy some Friday Five Questions. This weeks theme: Statehood.

1. Hawaii’s nickname is the Aloha State. If your neighborhood were to be admitted as the fifty-first state, what would be its nickname?

Living in Centreville VA, the town -when it was name - was the halfway point between Warrenton and DC, and the hub of a lot of things. The Civil War was fought here. It was a stopping place for officials for the night and meeting places for generals. Picnics and festivals would be held here. For this I would probably call it 'Center of it all' 

2. What do you own fifty of?

Pens. I have a thing for collecting them apparently. Hotels, state line rest stops. Mickey, Minnie...restaurants. Black, blue, purple and red. It seems I am growing quite the collection. I don't really use half of them either which is kind of sad. But for some reason I apparently have them just laying around. Because well you never know when your going to need one.

3. What’s the nicest beach you’ve been to?


Probably Vero Beach in Florida...it was just so peaceful, relaxing and I loved the sea turtle life right on the beach...I dif recommend it.

4.A pizza with ham and pineapple is often called a Hawaiian pizza (something that annoys many of us who live here and can’t stand that flavor combination). If you live in Hawaii, what should rightfully be called a Hawaiian pizza, and if you live elsewhere, what would go on the pizza named after your area?


Ah DC metro area has a lot of transit people. So I would make it an everything pizza. You name it, it would go on it. I know its not very original but not to many locals or people that are born here, stay here. So you need to appeal to everyone.

5. What mental and emotional states do you hope to attain this weekend? 

The state of I don't care and I am not going to think about it until Monday.  Why? Because really I just don't really feel like doing anything and work is the last think I want to think about.

May you all have a fabulous rest of your Friday and even better weekend!

No comments: