Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Soundtrack to summer

Summer has finally arrived. With it came the promise of long lazy days, barely clad teenagers, sweet ice tea and plenty of road trips.

And of course no road trip-nor summer for that matter-would be complete without a perfect summer playlist. A soundtrack to summer. Of course there are plenty out there. From the loss of the youthful innocence, to surfin' in the California ocean.

But what are my must haves to make the summer complete? They are listed below. Some are young, and some are older. Some you have heard of, and some you haven't. But they all have a common theme. There of course are so many more, and as always I find myself adding on as the years, and the summers go by but for the moment this is my current summer soundtrack. So without further ado:

My summer playlist:

Sunshine & Summertime-Faith Hill
The Boys of Summer-Don Henley
All That She Wants-Ace of Base.
Summertime-Kenny Chesney
Strawberry Wine-Deana Carter
Summer Love-Justin Timberlake
Endless Summer Nights-Richard Marx
That Summer-Garth Brooks
Something Like that-Tim McGraw
Summertime-The Fresh Prince 
Summer Girls-LFO
No Shoes, No Shirt, No problem-Kenny Chesney
Kokomo-The Beach Boys
Some Beach-Blake Shelton
Cruel Summer-Ace of Base/Bananrama
Escape (The Pina Colada Song)-Rupert Holmes
Summerboy-Lady Gaga
All Summer Long-Kid Rock
American Honey-Lady Antabellum
California Gurls-Katy Perry
The Thong Song-Sisqo
Barefoot Blue Jean Night-Jake Owen
Long Hot Summer-Keith Urban
The Night before-Carrie Underwood
Springsteen-Eric Church
Anything But Mine-Kenny Chesney
Call Me Maybe-Carly Rae Jaspen
Payphone-Maroon5
We Are Young-Fun

So here's to summer. And the music that makes us love it...Jam on my friends, Jam on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was listening to One Direction on the radio and thinking about how their song is such a summer song. I love this list! I might steal a few. ;)

Aleisha said...

Funny I was thinking the same thing...I have a few other songs I have added. The Call Me Maybe, and We are Young in particular