Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

To throw in the towel??

Sometimes I wonder when should we give up, call it a season and think well, better luck next season. I sat last night, in my parents kitchen thinking that well things couldn't get any worse than they already were. I mean we had lost how many games? Lost how many players? How much more could we take?

And then it did, get worse. About 5 goals worse.  I should have been pissed, instead I sat speechless, the only words that I honestly was thinking were not PG friendly. And since my parents and my son were both in the room, I couldn't exactly go off on the deep end like I wanted. So instead I just sat there speechless. I wondered when I became so numb to the season. As if I didn't care anymore whether we even made it past April 7th. Or even if we won another game until then. At that very moment, I truly honestly could have cared less.


Now in regards to the Caps, I  am usually a pretty optimistic person. Or at least I try to be. I sit in my cube as coworker by coworker come asking me questions regarding this game, and that game. This player and that player. I smile as they try to pry as much information as they can, assuming that since my husband works for the team,  I too know that much more regarding the information on the team. And I try to answer them, to spin a happy tune to every thing, to tell them there is still plenty of games to win, plenty of points to gain. The playoffs are still in sight, we will pull it together, just you wait.

But despite what I tell everyone, deep down I think to myself, is it already time to start summer? To think about next season, maybe next season will be better. It seems to be a common theme for all Capital fans, maybe next year. Maybe, maybe maybe....

And still I can't not throw in the towel for the season.

I'm close, but not quite there yet.

No comments: