Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

To Learn.



Being an adult student isn't easy. I have mentioned this before. But tonight I was reminded just how hard it is. I was supposed to start another semester this evening, due to Mason's scheduling I was only able to sign up for one class, against my wishes. I mean no, I don't want to be in school forever. And I was prepared to start up once again.

I logged on to my account yesterday found the syllabus and started to look through it. And shit. Well, wouldn't you know my midterm would be on the evening that Andy and I fly to Germany to visit his brother and wife. The workload other than that doesn't look to be to much and so I start to look forward to it. Of course the whole mid-term thing would have to be worked out. Now for the most part, I have found either through my own experience, or classmates, that the professors, tend to work with you. Especially if you contact and work with them well in advance of the absence. And so I email the professor, offer up the fact that I am willing to take the exam early, either that day or earlier in the week. I mean it would be the only time as I know of that I would have to miss.

I sent it off confident that it would all work out.

Until this afternoon. When I got a three word response from the professor:

Drop the class.

That's it? Seriously. No, there was no working things out, no even budge? Yes I get it, I know its my choice to go out on vacation a day earlier than my spring break allowed. But its not like I am an 18 year old kid that is trying to make an excuse to get out of it.

And so I dropped out of the semester, figuring at least I can get my money back at this point. No matter how much I didn't want to. I thanked the lord I hadn't bought those two books that I needed for the class, and tried to look at the bright side of things, no papers, no exams. no nothing until at least August more in likely.

But the down fall of the whole thing?

I am yet that much further from graduating. I am beginning to wonder if its worth it anymore. Because it seems no matter how much I try, I am continuously failing at my effort to graduate. I wonder if I will ever graduate

Because right now,  I am beginning to doubt it.

No comments: