Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Five Question Friday 12/2-Brr

Welcome December!
Once again its time for another installment of Aleisha's Five Question Friday.

Topic of the week: Brr

1. What’s your favorite thing about cold weather? 

 Sweaters. Warm inviting sweaters. I love breaking them out for the first time and wrapping myself in them. That and my pea-coat.  A pair of cute gloves, and a knit hat and its awesome. But dif those sweaters.


2.Soups and hot beverages seem to be everyone’s favorite cold-weather culinary combatant, but what’s another food that seems to take the bite out of the cold?

Spaghetti, its always been a cold weather sort of meal for me. A nice hot pot of spaghetti on a cold winters night, what more could a girl ask for?  Especially my moms. But lets face it, nothing beats moms anything. 


3. When the weather is just starting to turn cold but is not yet in full frigidity, what do you add to your bed until it’s time to break out the heavy artillery?  (I said what, not whom!)

A fleece blanket. I think we inherited from my husbands parents before he moved out.  But its always on the bed in the few weeks in between the hot and the cold. Of course this does not help much when the blanket is quickly taken over by the one and only husband. I suppose I should give him a little slack, after all it was his long before it was mine.


4. What household chore seems especially unkind in these colder months?


I need to rake the yard. The leaves have taken over pretty uncontrollably. I tend to put it off way to long, and now that its freezing out, I am dreading it even more. So yeah anything yard work is pretty horrible in that sense. Besides, the leaves will just come back in a day or two. So whats the point?


Among people you know, who seems most oblivious to cold weather?


My husband Andy, who lives for this kind of weather. I could be freezing my booty off and he is as happy as a claim. He welcomes this. Then again, what should I expect from a guy who works at an ice rink all day?

Have a fabulous weekend. Stay warm!

Questions thanks to: FridayFive.

No comments: