Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

An open letter. Again.

Dear Caps-

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this. Again. I thought we had gotten past all of this last season. Yes, remember last December. I do.

And so once again I find myself sitting down to write a letter. A letter I really don't want to write but find I need to.

You see the hubs and I have just finished a good blow out fight over the state of team. While he is reassuring me that this is just a phase, that this happens all the time. And that he is excited and looks forward to seeing what you guys do to change this pattern I find myself thinking what the hell? Here we go again? Am I really investing all my time in a team that once again seems to care less about winning. I thought we had all agreed that this year would be a step in the right direction. We went and got incredible talent. We have incredible talent.  We had our ducks in a row. Who could ask for more? Ok I am pretty sure someone could but lets not get into this debate at the moment. And yet?  It seems as though we have somehow forgotten all this talk and moved in the wrong direction.

I keep trying to look at this silver lining, the good of the whole thing. The season is still relatively early. We have plenty of time to figure it out. We aren't really all that horrible. I mean we did win the first 7. Though how quickly we have forgotten about this. The beginning of the season seems like it was so long ago doesn't it?

Granted I do not expect you to win every one of the next 60 something games. I expect us to lose, and go through these sort of issues and periods.  People get hurt, they get the flu. Shit happens. But I don't want to face these sort of downs as often as I am. I don't want to feel like I am in love with a team, that I care about a team that doesn't seem to care about it themselves. And believe me I am beginning to think that you guys don't really care.

Maybe your heart truly isn't in it? Maybe its a mental thing....one you can't just snap out of. I get it. Sort of. I mean my heart really isn't in half the stuff I work on either.

But here's the thing.

I know you guys can do this. I believe you guys can do this. I know you guys care, I know you guys want this. And somehow you guys need to pull through this and prove that you are the team to beat. That you are the team that we think you are. Stop toying with us. Stop giving us a reason to doubt you. Play like you mean it.

Give us the hope back.

I am a fan, I will remain a fan but all I ask of you is this. Please, pull it together. We need you to pull this together.

For myself, for my husband. For our marriage.

If you could by chance get it together and turn things around. Well then all will be forgotten, we will return to the happy fan love that you so deserve. Until then I am afraid my marriage will endure several more arguements.

Yours truly.

No comments: