Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Five Questions Friday 9/2


This weeks theme: Falling
thanks to FridayFive.org for this weeks questions.


1. What was the circumstances surrounding your most embarrassing (physically) fall?

I attended Longwood University for one year. I got into the then college late, which meant I registered late. Walking to my counselors office I started carrying all my books and all in one hand, because I felt like using a bookbag  was so high schoolish. So there I was walking across campus. I remember looking around at the cute college  guys, the  sorority sisters and thinking I had finally arrived. What I didn't notice was the huge step ahead. And before I knew it I was looking up at the sky, my books flying out around me. Loose leaf papers scattered across the ground. If you have ever seen the movie Never Been Kissed, with Drew Barrymore. There is pretty much the same scene in the movie. 

It was an epic fail. Or rather fall.

2. As summer winds down, and autumn make its approach, what are you most looking forward to in the changing of the seasons. 


As much as I hate to see summer go, and believe me no one is more bummed about it thank I am. I love the colors that fall bring. I love knowing that my favorite pumpkin pie is going to be stacked on shelves once again. Tempting me whenever I pass by it. Thanksgiving, I promise myself. Thanksgiving is my downfall. And then there is hot chocolate. Or rather hot chocolate nights. My husband and I find ourselves heading to Barnes and Noble where we indulge in the beverage, he with his coffee me with my coco. And we walk up and down the aisles for hours with them....I love these nights.

3. Whats something you have recently fallen for?

Good one. My ColorNook. I got it back in the spring as a birthday gift from my parents. I never thought I would be one of those e-readers. I have my books leave me be. But I really really love it....great device. And numerous books at my finger tips means this forever book nerd is in her heaven.

4. Of what has been a shortfall in your life recently?

Work. I just feel like its lagging at the moment. I am disappointed in saying this. Because I thought I had it pretty good there for awhile.

5. Has there been any kind of windfall in your life lately?

My family? Totally supportive and without them, I am lost. They have been there for me a lot lately and its always refreshing to see them when I get home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can completely relate to what you're feeling with work. My job is pretty crappy, but considering that I was unemployed for almost a year back in 2009, I try to be thankful I've got one. Life would be much harder without it, but I'm not enjoying it right now. Thanks for sharing this post with us!