Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

3rd times a charm?

Dear Lord, what have I done to deserve this?

Seriously I thought this whole stomach issue was done and over with. I thought I would never again have to worry about issues.

Apparently, the joke is on me.

A couple of weeks ago I started noticing the fact I looked...well. pregnant. And while the thought is wonderful, and grand. I knew for a fact I was not even close to being. Well. pregnant. It went away, only to return the next evening. And the evening after that. I contemplated calling the doctor, but it didn't hurt. It didn't bother me. It just looked funny. And how was I to explain that one? Umm excuse me I think something is wrong because my stomach looks funky?

Yeah I am pretty sure I would get laughed at. Besides I was a week away from going on vacation, and I really wanted to enjoy that vacation without worrying about things like another operation. So I held off.

Until this morning. Because I figured while I could hold off. I can only hold off so long before I need to do something. And it had been moving lately. And wouldn't you know, they want to see me. Today. As in a little over two hours from now. Great. As if I time from work to spare. Believe me I don't.

The nurse chewed me out on the other end for waiting. She didn't care that I have just recently come back from two major surgeries. Each requiring two months off. She didn't care that I had things to get done, and people to notify about my all of a sudden doctors appointment. Nope she just sat there on the other end telling me how foolish I was for not calling in a lot sooner.

I felt like a kid.

And yes maybe I should have called in. But well, what would you have done? I am already nervous that I will once again find myself in the ER tonight. For the 3rd time in 6 months. Do I really want to go through it again? Not exactly. But at the same time, I did call in. BEFORE there is an emergency. Shouldn't I get some kind of credit here.

She gave me an appointment, and thanked me. Informing me that she hopes I get things worked out and that I get better.

That makes two of us.

It really does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Aleisha. I am so sorry to hear that you'll be visiting the dreaded ER again. Hopefully third time will be a charm. Hopefully it's nothing major. I can't imagine what you've been through already. My thoughts are with you. Keep us updated!