Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Glee


Dear Caps-

After so many letters, which have yet to be answered. I figured why not give it one more attempt. I mean who knows right?

Well well well. This weekend was, interesting.

You had me scared there for a minute after Saturdays game. It wasn't pretty. In fact you can ask my husband. Yes we had a major blowout thanks to you. Apparently, I am all passion for the game, I care way to much about the score on the board, while he watches the game for what it is, and does not think the score is reflective on how well you actually played. And while this may be true. When it comes to the final flick of that clock, the score board is exactly what matters. But lets not get into this. One major blowout of the weekend is enough.

So yes I was scared. I went through Saturday, and most of Sunday having my husband hate me, my mother hate me and both of them telling me I should turn in my fan card right away. Because apparently the way I was reacting was not, in what so ever way healthy, normal or showing that I was/am a fan. I ignored them as they talked about Bruce, the possibilities that weren't looking good. Especially if we were going to lose again that night, which would bring the total of losses to 9. Instead I did what my mother suggested, and walked away from it all. I didn't listen to the reports about the Saturday nights game. Didn't listen to the preshow events. And by the time the game started last night. I hadn't so much thought about anything.

And when we found ourselves down by 2 last night. I simply walked away. Muted the station and turned the channel to football. Yes you heard me, football. You made me turn it on. I didn't want to see you guys lose again. And from the looks of it, you guys were heading there.

Once again.

Yet somehow, I came back to it. Just in time to see the first goal. And then the second. And before I knew it the game was tied, and you brought hope and life and everything the holiday season is about back to me. And I once again believed in you guys.

Thankfully, you gave me reason to. Once again I was jumping out of the seat cheering and all the good stuff. And as the final ticks clicked down, I sat there, a bundle of nerves rocking back and forth..not wanting to see as we held on to the one goal lead. If we could just win this game. I sat there praying for it. Like I hadn't prayed in a long time.

And I cried when I realized we had actually won.

And the amazing thing? Not one of my coworkers has come up to talk about the win.
Because apparently, only when you guys are losing do they feel the need to ask me what is up with you guys and sit for hours discussing the game.

And I have gone back to the quiet girl, with the decked out Caps cube once more.

So thank you.
Lets hope this is the last of the frustration letters from me in the near future.
But maybe I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
Just yet.

Yours-
A little bit more happy fan.

No comments: