Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

An evening to myself.

Confession.

As much as I love my husband, and my son. There are times when I miss me time. Not in the sort of way that I would trade in my son for it. But in the way that when I get that time I cherish it.

And I realize how much I miss it.

Before my son, I had plenty of me time. Mainly in part to Andy's schedule. He works long hours, and even during the semester I would often find myself alone at night. I spent it in baths, my nose in a book or glued to a television set watching whatever I wanted to. Usually it was something Andy would have no interest in what so ever. I danced around the living room, blared the music and had a pretty amazing clean apartment. But as we all know life changes.

We had a son.

And while Andy still works for the Caps, I have found myself juggling between between being a student a full time employee, and playing both mom and dad often. And that free time I enjoyed so much?

Has taken a back burner to things. On the rare occasion that I do have time by myself it is crammed in studying, writing papers and heading off to class. I look back at those care free childless days and think man what I wouldn't give for a bubble bath without having to worry I am going to wake Logan.

But tonight, its me time again. My husband is off at a game, my son off with my mom for a prearranged agreement we have had. And I have the entire house to myself for several hours.

So what am I going to do with that time?

Clean, wrap and dance, and then after draw myself a nice hot bath and enjoy the silence while it lasts.

Because who knows when the next time I will get a chance to do so.

No comments: