Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas photos. 2010


And so let our holiday picture tradition start. I have never been one to do this before but figured with a little one, I may as well get on the bandwagon and begin taking an annual Holiday picture at the end of the year. And so we made an appointment with Portrait Innovations-which amazingly could fit us in-and were looking forward to it. Of course what we didn't plan on was Logan getting sick, though looking back at things it seems whenever we attempt to do a photo session he somehow gets sick. We had thought about cancelling or rescheduling. But have you seen our schedules lately?

Yea to say that we are a bit busy is an understatement. So we figured we would just make due with it. I mean after all, we only really wanted a nice photo for Christmas cards and nothing more. So if they weren't the worlds best, then oh well. I gathered up some goodies for him, along with some toys and coloring activities and said we would just have to make due with what we had.


When we got there, they informed us they were running an hour behind schedule. They gave us the option of returning later that day-they would call- or for us to wait it out. Seeing that lil man had already spotted the Lego's and was entertained we figured why not. After all getting him back in the car seat was going to be hell. So we would wait. I wasn't sure how he was going to do, an hour wait? On top of the photosession and then the selection process? This may not be good at all. Still I was determined to wait it out and see, after all I could always come back sometime and get them retaken. But I really didn't want to. And he was good thus far.
Of course seeing the others arounds me reaction didn't help. If the kids who were feeling well couldn't handle it how was he actually going to? Was I kidding myself? He was however a good trooper. And thanks to my Ipod and the activities, was a pretty happy toddler who was taking the wait better than most. In fact I felt bad for the parents whose children where having a hard time....


And while it was a long wait, we finally managed to make it back there with a still smiling little boy who you would never know was sick at all. Well except for the occassional sniff and cough.
And we were quite impressed with the photos as well. We had never used them as a photo place before, and didn't know what to expct but the quality and the price really wasn't as bad. I will say they could have been a lot worse.
We left with our wallets feeling a lot emptier than when we arrived. We had not expected to buy anything other than Christmas cards but left with a whole lot more.





Of course how could you resist such an adorable face?
Yeah there was no way we were only going to be able to pick just one.
Believe me on this one.

2 comments:

eslachtdermai said...

All I can say is two things:
1. Yay little mister Logan for being such a trooper. Sick yet still was awesome for such a long wait...go him!
2. You and Andy made one good looking little guy! When's the next one coming along (lol totally kidding!)

Aleisha said...

LOL...yeah I was really impressed with how he did. Seriously he did a lot better than kids that weren't.

And lol..yeah all in due time.