Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

100 days.


Hard to believe we are once again counting down the days til our spring get away to one of our favorite places around.

That's right. We are going back to Disney in 100 days.

I was looking at photo's of this past trip back in July and it seems like it was just yesterday that we were there and here we are getting ready to get in our final months before we take off once again.

But unlike the last trip, this one is sort of special. Because it is a mom and dad trip only. I am so fortunate to have parents who actually offered to take Logan while Andy and I get some much needed time away together for a bit.

This isn't the first time that we have been able to do this, my mom in fact gave us the same offer when Logan was just six months. Looking back it was one of the hardest things to do, leaving him behind. And yet now I fear it will be ten times worse because unlike when he was six months, he will actually semi know whats going on. He will call for us, cry for us and maybe throw a tantrum or two. Everything I expect.

And yet, I can't tell you how much I look forward to some time as just Andy and Aleisha again-am I horrible to even admit this?-the hockey season has Andy tied up for the better part of the year, and we don't see each other anymore so getting some alone time is sort of a great feeling. Or thought.

So heres to the next 99 days. May it fly right on by with the rest of the year.

No comments: