Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

38 years of marriage

My parents celebrated 38 years of marriage yesterday. Not exactly an easy accomplishment, but one they should dif. be proud of. After all, in this day and age any one would be lucky, myself included to see 38 years of marriage.

Sometimes I would like to know their secret. What makes them different from the rest. What makes a marriage last. From talking to her, I know they had their moments, I know they came close to walking away from it all. From time to time they wondered if it would be easier. It may have been. But what made them decide it was worth it?

The fight.
The drive.

What made it all worth while? Because sometimes, as much as I love my husband I have my doubts, my fears that we won't have what it takes in the end of it all to last to see 38 years.

I would like to ask how they keep the passion, the fire the desire for one another alive. I am not talking about just in between the sheets because love, passion and the desire needs to go beyond this. But what makes this all work? What is the secret?


And how does it change, or when it does how do you handle that?

But I want to know simply how to keep the love for one another last.
So mom and dad this one is for you.
Happy Anniversary.

No comments: