Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

That's the Way he likes it.

This is Alexander Ovechkin.

For those of you who may not know him, well let me introduce him.

He is a 25 year old 6'2 left winger for the Washington Capitals. He is 233 Lbs of nothing but pure muscle. And he is arguably one of the best players the NHL has seen in years. During the season he has his eye on one thing, getting the Caps to the Cup. And during the off? He likes to party, drink and the ladies.

More specifically he likes the Russian ladies.

Now, this may not seem to be a big deal to you. Or even myself really. But after an article in GQ was published,apparently it has become a big issue for the female population around the DC area. I don't know about you but I am pretty sure I heard a thousand hearts break all at the same time.

But why? I mean do you blame him? He is 25, he is single, he is young he is at the top of his game right now, and lets not forget that while he is playing right here in the states, on American turf. He is Russian born and raised. I wouldn't expect him to lean any other way really.

After all, we don't expect Prince William to like American girls over English girls do we? Yes, hearts would break but come on think about it a little bit. One always goes back to their roots. And while I may love to have a fling with some hot sexy import-I should apologize to my husband-when truth comes down to it all, I would go back to my good old American boy(s) any day. Because that's what I know, that's what I prefer. And would any one get all pissed off at me for saying this? If they were to publish my comment in a magazine, would the backlash begin, would a thousand men break down and start to whine about this?

Probably not.
Most would simply shrug, flip the page and go on their merry little way.

Because when it comes down to it all, who really cares.

Is meeting his future wife really why he is here? Because I thought it was to play hockey. And while I may think he looks good when he cleans up-I am after all a female and will not deny this-I could care less if he is dating a blonde, a brunette or a redhead. I don't care if she speaks English, French or Russian. Because to me, that's not the point of his being in the states.

What I do care about is him scoring, his getting us to the level of game that we want, and we expect him to be. I care that he is beating the shit out of Crosby and doing it well. I care about whether or not we are going to win the next following games, and the playoffs. And as long as he is scoring, there is a pretty good chance, we will see him around in June.

And by all means if that means he needs three Russian females in order to do so. Well then by all means, give the man three Russian women.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ovie. I've seen pictures about him and his Russian woman fascination. Maybe the Devils need to throw him some Russian women the next time we compete. :)