Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Water, Jewelery and an engagement.

By this point in the trip, most everyone had done each park at least once. And with this, our midway point in the vacation we decided to take the day off from the parks (with the exception of going for dinner) Instead, we hit the pools.

When we first started talking about the trip, Hillary asked about getting the water park option because she figured Randin would want to try it out. And while it was an option, we informed her that in all honesty he would probably enjoy the resort pool just as much. And so, even if she wanted to, she agreed.

Turned out to be a great thing because at six, he isn't exactly into the thrill rides, and has no interest in things that go to fast, to high or looks to scary for him. And as you can see, he seemed to enjoy the pool just as much.

Oh blocking the sun. After checking out the pool, and realizing that we were right, and the AKL's pool was just as good as the water park, my sister decided it was a good thing we didn't pay extra for the park and spent most of the afternoons beside the pool herself...







He probably would live on this slide if you allowed him. And I am sure if you asked him, this was probably his favorite ride of the entire thing. No ticket? No problem man.







Even my dad got in the act. Though maybe he didn't exactly enjoy it as much as my nephew did. And that is quite alright.








And while the boys played..the girls enjoyed another resort offered activity.
Jewelry making. Love the yeah ok but I will smile like I like it look of my lovely husband. I joined them and we all walked away with bracelets, anklets and necklaces. And I have to admit, I actually enjoyed myself. We had only been here for three full days but it felt so much longer and by doing things like pool days and what not, it make the vacation go by so much slower instead of the usual blink and your through we usually experience.



Of course these activities couldn't last forever besides we had dinner at EPCOT to get to, so we all headed back to the hotel, got ready to head to the park. My parents and Hillary and Randin had dinner at Le Cellier-which they thought was amazing-Burg and Jamie at Coral Reef-loved all but the lobster soup- and we at Chef's De France. Again we enjoyed it....but it was the after dinner special that we enjoyed the most.

You see we were meeting up in France, enjoying the evening in front of France's gardens when this young couple came up. The gentlemen kept trying to get the girl to sit on the edge of the water fountains to take a break. It took him a couple of tries but he finally managed to get her down. And thats when we realized just exactly what he was doing. For right before our eyes, he got down on one knee and proposed to her. My sister captured the moment and later emailed all pictures to them. Of course she said yes! I had never witnessed such a thing though I know so many people get engaged at Disney, and I have to say it was great seeing someone come up with another spot besides in front of the castle.

And may I add the ring-which I had to check out-was impressive! And it was a great way to end the day!

No comments: