Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Oh Canada!

Thursday morning brought the first of the departures. Jamie had to return to the real world to go back to work, so he left two days earlier than the rest, leaving one less in the party.

Andy and I had late dinner reservations at Le Cellier, my parents had agreed to watch Logan so we took our time hanging around the resort, taking my mom to Animal Kingdom where she finally allowed us to look up and get a guest assistance pass, she had been in a wheelchair since Monday. This also allowed for us to roam the parks a little more easily. I think it took her a lot to ask for this because we aren't the kind of people to take advantage of anything, especially the system. And I know she felt that there were people a lot worse off than her, even though she herself needed help.

Before you ask or think, let me say, I myself have a slight disability, cerebral palsy to the right side-very mild case. And I like my mom, have never used the system to get away with anything or to get freebies. etc. I suppose Im feel like I am able to do everything anyone else can do so I don't usually need any assistance. Anyway, getting the card while may not seem a big deal for some but it was a big deal for my family. Still it helped a lot and my mom didn't feel as much as a burden as she once did.

So they got to ride the rapids again, while my husband I enjoyed the dancing. Or ok, I was picked to do some African dancing. I also played a game with a few cast members that they had brought from their country, a game my sister and I had as a kid. I ended up beating the girl easily. Needless to say, she was quite impressed...


We headed back to Kidani for lunch and some time at the pool before getting ready for dinner. My parents, and the rest of the family had reservations at Crystal Palace while my husband and I had reservations much later in Canada. We headed to MK to make sure they got in ok before headed to EPCOT ourselves.I had purposely saved my Brooks Laich-Washington Cap hockey player, and born and raised Canadian-t-shirt just for the evening. Maybe it was silly but I wanted to see if anyone would notice...and it worked, the very first cast member made note of it and my mission was successful! Now on with dinner, I know Le Cellier is a crowd pleaser, and we have in the past been very pleased ourselves. But I will say this was probably my least favorite meal of this vacation. So much so I don't even remember what it was. Mind you I have a lot of food allergies and usually have no qualms about anything I eat but this one just was not my cup of tea. Not to mention we had 8:10 reservations and did not get seated until 9:00.

We had plans of hanging out after dinner but with us getting seated so late, we decided to head back. Tomorrow was our last full day and we wanted to make sure we were rested.

No comments: