Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The journey continues.

Lets move on to day two shall we!

We all got up early and headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Here is one of the only entire group shots that we were able to get. Yep this is the gang. Amazing there was a time when I didn't think all of us would actually come. Due to schedules and financial but somehow we all managed to pull it off! But I know you aren't reading this for a family history so I will continue.

We had talked about Toy Story Mania for a long time, raving about the ride and picking up the Wii game for Christmas. Which is why, we headed immediately to get fastpasses to ride it, and while we didn't get them until later on in the afternoon we assured the rest of the group that it would be well worth the wait. My parents offered to take the boys to go see Playhouse Disney while the big kids-that would be myself, my husband and both sisters plus one boyfriend off to ride some thrill rides. Mainly RocknRoller coaster. As always, it was a huge line and we opted for the single rider line which shortened the line by quite some time and we were out of there in no time.


At this point we still had a couple hours to kill before our fastpass return time and my sisters and the boyfriend went off to join my parents in watching Indiana Jones, while Andy and I and the now little man went to grab lunch before we met up with them at Toy Story Mania. Of course while sitting there lil man enjoyed mommy's drink and actually learned how to control the thing. One should watch out from now on. All the heat however made for one sleepy boy and he tuckered out before we got to the Toy Story Mania




It was finally time to ride the ride we had hyped up and for a minute I actually worried that we had hyped it up so much that they would be disappointing. Making our way we made sure to get in the shade, and wait for my family. The plan was to take turns watching lil man while we went in groups on the ride.


However as the time approached and no sign of my family-but a thousand Brazilian tour groups.-we saw as even the fastpass line grew to outrageous numbers. And as the hour past, Andy and I knew there would be no way that all ten of us could ride. So we stood back and let the rest of the family ride while we waited, promising ourselves that we would make it back to the park later in the trip-after all it was only the first day in the parks and day two of vacation. We still had plenty of time.

The good news, everyone thought this was one of the best rides ever. And while it was disapointing to not be able to ride, I know we will return, more often than any of my family, which meant we will be able to ride whether it was this go around or next.

I must say for previous trips we would be jumping from one ride/show to the next without much of a thought of rest. But my mom was in pain, the boyfriend not feeling good and both lil ones had had their fill for the day. So instead of cramming everything in, we decided to call it a day and head back to the hotel to enjoy the evening/dinner and the resort.

2 comments:

Cori H. said...

Love hearing about your vacation! Logan is getting so big!

Aleisha said...

Thank you. Yes he sure is! Hard to believe he just turned a year and a half...I hope you enjoy the rest of the report.