Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Disney Vacation-The beginning.

So as promised here is my attempt at cramming 10 people, 4 parks and 7 days into 1 blog entry.

It was a very excited family that left Northern Virginia bright and early-and by early I mean we were at the airport at 5:30am on Saturday the 23rd. We were all a little tired, but excited at the same time to get the show on the road. Andy and I had talked about what to do with lil man, since we were still nervous about bringing a 1 and a half year old on a plane for the first time. We were sneaky and slipped him a little Dramamine in his bottle, as you can see it worked, and he conked out just before take off, we were able to snap a quick photo of his first time.

sleepy little Logan.

After a quick two hour flight, we made our way to Magical Express, boarded the bus and made our way to the Animal Kingdom Lodge were we would call home for the next week. Being a DVC member, as well as an avid Disney world fan we have stayed in numerous Disney hotels, ranging from moderate accommodations to the Deluxe Villas. And other than a quick two night stay back in February we had never before stayed in the Animal Kingdom. Mainly because Andy and I when we first saw the place, weren't exactly excited about the place and didn't think it was our cup of tea. After staying there, having the savannah view, I can proudly say, we have dif. changed our mind. First off the service is incredible. From the moment we stepped foot on the grounds we were greeted by nothing but exceptional kindness. I loved the African music that was piped into the lobby. We had saved our points-for non DVC members=money-to get a Savannah view figuring that this trip would be my nephews first trip we wanted to go all out for him. Though even without this I think we would have been extremely happy. The lobby itself, with the African artifacts and the views of the animals are breathtaking enough.

and this was the view we came to love. Yes this is a shot from our balcony. We would often wake up grab a cup of caffeine-for some it was coffee while for others it was soda-and sit out here watching the animals do there thing in the morning.

Even my own parents who have never really understood my husbands and mines fascination, or gotten the whole Disney thing seemed quite impressed acting much like little kids running from room to room-we had a two room villa-just saying they couldn't believe the accommodations. And for the first time, it seemed as though they finally started to believe why we were smitten. Not only that but they actually said they could see why we invested the money that we have.

This made me a very happy person as you can see..and I was actually in the middle of the deck!

Have I sold you yet?





If not maybe this will:

And this was just one of the animals that greeted us from our balcony.


After dropping off our bags, we headed to dinner at the Poly, where my family got their first taste of what the Disney treatment is, mainly in the area with food. Since I have so many food allergies and my sister and my dad have a couple to add, I had told them repeatedly of the greatness and the care that Disney offers. After the meal, which was filling and left the group of 10 extremely happy, they began to see what has lured my husband back year after year.

And while my sister took her son to the park that day, the rest of us took ourselves back to the hotel to enjoy the evening and rest up knowing we would be hitting the parks full force the next day.

And because I think it damn near impossible, I will be breaking up the vacation within a few blog posts..so stay tuned for the rest in the next coming days.

No comments: