Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Hair Cuts

While we were at Disney, we had every intention of getting Logan's first hair cut done at the World. We had it all planned. To get up early head over to the Magic Kingdom's Barber shop and get it done, complete with first ears and all. However best laid plains never seem to work, and before we knew it we were hopping the plane and heading back to our Northern Virginia home.

Without a hair cut.

Its been two weeks and we had yet to get his hair cut. Its not that we didn't want to, I mean we knew that he needed it. Its just never seemed all that important I suppose. And really was it that long? But this past weekend, I decided enough was enough, and it was time to finally get my baby's first hair cut. About time, considering my baby is now 18 and a half months old.

And so we made our way to the local Cartoon Cuts to get his first official hair cut. As you can see, it didn't go as smoothly as mommy and daddy would have liked.

Everything started out ok, we were able to get him in the chair no mom or dad sitting with him needed.











Curious but no worries, especially when they gave him a tasty treat.












But oh how quickly it all goes south, as soon as the gentlemen turns on the buzzer he starts wailing. I begin feeling bad for the man because he was putting up with a lot.












It was still a challenge but somehow it was workable.












And in the end, well I have to say, in the end the results were amazing. And my lil boy began to look like a little boy once more. Though it was a sort of biter sweet moment for as he sat there and stared at me, he was no longer that baby I had but was fast transformed into a growing boy.

No comments: