Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Disneys Moms Panel 2011

Last year about this time I was contacted by a fellow Disney fan. She asked if I had heard that the search for the next group of Disney Moms was soon to be under way and was curious to know if I was going to be one of many to try out. She thought I would be perfect for it. After all, helping people plan their vacations was one of my passions. Being a mom of a newborn helped. I told her I would probably look into it, not expecting much of anything to come out of it. The time came, I applied and as we waited for the results to come back I began to realize just how excited I was for it. Just how much I wanted to be chosen as one of the panelist. Understanding however that the chance was not an easy choice for them and that there was plenty out there that like myself, were just as nuts about the subject, just as deserving as I was.

So I was just happy enough to make it through round 2. I continued through the application process, and my nerves were on high. I wondered if I answered it the way they wanted, thought and rethought my entire answers and yes even doubted myself....until they finally came out and announced that round 3 would be selected. I was devastated to not make it through to the next round. Even blogging my experiences here

But now its been a year, and once again the rumors that they are in search of the 2011 moms panelists. Once again I am being question. Will I?

My answer in plain English. Yes. I think I have grown a lot more this year than last. I have also helped several people in the aspects of Disney, my family, friends strangers at work who have just so happened to hear I am a Disney nut. Not to mention, apparently I am quite the knowledgeable one when it contains Disney, dining and allergies. Because, yes I have plenty of them myself and have planned many of vacations around what I can and what I can't eat. I will state, for anyone with allergies Disney is the place to go, and you will and can go on vacation free of allergy worries.

I am also a mom of a toddler now. Not that this is a requirement to being a panelist but couldn't hurt now could it?

So long story short. In just about a month I will once again be throwing in the application for Disney's consideration. And once again I will be blogging about my experience, this time through the entire process...

And once again I will be crossing my fingers and hope someone will throw some magic pixie dust my way.

No comments: