Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Surprising big day.

September 13th.

For many, this is to be just another ordinary day. And it shares little meaning to anyone. But to me, September 13th is a pretty big deal. For two obvious reasons.


First lets talk about a topic which has been on my mind, and my blog quite often. You see September 13th is the day when the 2011 Moms Panel Applications start being accepted. Already I find myself thinking over every little detail that may come in handy. So much so, my husband at this point I am sure is ready to just get this thing done and over with, though if asked he would smile and say this is untrue. Unlike last year where I went in blind, this year as a second timer I should at least be a little familiar with the process and have at least a better idea of the type of questions they may ask. Not to mention I have one more year of planning under my belt. And no it just wasn't any planning but rather planning for a group of ten which included one in a wheelchair, three of us with food allergies and a six year old who had never been. So yes, I gained a whole lot of experience from just one trip alone. I realize I am sounding like a pitch here and believe me I am in no means trying to. After all I know there is no guarantee I will get in, or make it through the first round for that matter. But one will never know if one does not try. Besides, I didn't think I would make it through the first round last year.



Of course this was only one of two reasons its going to be a great day. The second? This is the day when training camp starts. Its the unofficial lets get hockey started day. Players will be rolling in, the ice freshly cut and the skates sharpened. That's right my friends, hockey season is right around the corner. Of course this also means I will once again lose my husband to late nights, and locker rooms and to the NHL. It also means dinner conversations revolving around injuries, rumors and odd tidbits heard while interviewing-much like me and reason #1 stated above-so I figure this all works out pretty evenly. But its a small, small sacrifice to make. Especially when they provide the paycheck. Technically the season doesn't start until the beginning of October. But for those of us that breath sleep and live for hockey season, those who's husbands are so anti football its pretty much banned in the house. For these people knowing that training camp is officially here. Well I would say that's a pretty good start. Bring on hockey!

No comments: