Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

1st birthday.

I am now a mom of a toddler. Gone is the saying, I have a six month old, or an eight month old I can join the many of others who have toddlers. Now you may be asking why is this so important. And I will answer this. Because I no longer have a baby. Sure you can argue Logan, no matter how old he may be will forever be my baby in some sense of form. But in a lot of ways, in terms of age and all. I nolonger have that baby.

Instead. I have a kid. A little one. A munchkin.
The thought is believe it or not, kind of scary to think about.

Because he will only grow from here. I mean yes I knew that was going to happen. But before this, before he turned a year the milestones he had were simple, they were a smile, or the first laugh. And I cherished all of these milestones. And now its the first official steps, the first day of kindergarten-yes i realize i am getting way ahead of myself here-. things that babies don't do. but kids do. the first friends. stuff like this. the small milestones that made up our lives the first few months of existence are now a thing of the past.

Yes my friends I am now a mom of a toddler.
And a whole new chapter will begin.

Oh the fun we shall have.

No comments: