Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In just over a half hour, the DC Sniper will be executed via lethal injection. I sit here, in my own house thinking about him. As I have done for the past several days. Ive thought about what I think is right, and what I think is wrong when it comes to the death penalty. Ive thought about the days, the weeks that he spent in our area, putting fear into so many including myself. and how horrible of a man he was.

no i dont find any wrong in executing him. after all, my mom said it best. at least he was given the choice. he knew when he is going to die. his victims didn't. and he eventually did it to himself. i mean he had the choice of not to do it. and yet he did.

but i thought about him. sitting in a cell. knowing that in thirty one minutes from now he will ending his life. how he was given his last meal. and his last request. i wonder what goes through a mind when it occurs. i wonder what he is thinking. if he is feeling anything. i dont know. not at all. is it strange? i thought about this on sunday, when he had two days to sit and wait. i wonder what that does to the mind. i wonder what he is doing at the moment...

or if he is doing anything at all.

No comments: