Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

So I understand with the flu season, with fears of everyone getting the Swine flu that the doctors are skeptical about seeing anyone that isn't showing. But for two weeks Logan has had this cough. The first time I called, they put me on hold for an hour. When I eventually got tired, I called back only to find out that it would be an hour and a half now. I gave up. Because he wasn't running a fever, besides Andy said he wasn't going to wait that long. And that we shouldn't. Besides he wasn't that bad.

But for two weeks?

So on Monday I finally called back, bypassing the advice line, but for the appointment line. I made an appointment for today. And darn, I would have to take off a Friday. What a shame.

This morning, we get up. Andy took the day off as well. And then we get this call. From Logan's pediatrician. Regarding his appointment. Seems she won't see him unless it is an emergency. A dire emergency.

She told me not to worry, that its just a cold from the sounds of it. To make sure he is getting his fluids. To make sure he poops, and eats and all that. The cough that hasn't gone away should be going away. Apparently babies get plenty of colds within the first year. Not to worry, this is apparently his second one. The first came and went through his systems and this is probably just a new one.

So no they don't want to see him. Because they are preparing for an epidemic. And they don't want to see him.

Unless its an emergency.

I get it. I understand people are sick. But as a first time mom, as a new mom. I don't understand. Everyone told me that with babies, they take them. Its ok to call and all. And they usually see them.

But it isnt happening.

And what happens if that little that that isn't so important. That isn't so dire.

In the end.

Turns out to be the start of something.

Then what?

No comments: