Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In the past two days, I have come to admire the single parents much more than once had. Andy has come down with a cold/flu in the past forty eight hours. Leaving me to find for myself, and Logan. Not to mention Andy. He of course isn't as hard to take care of as my four month old son. But when a man is sick, I have found they often act as though they are children.

Then again, don't we all.

So since yesterday I have done some packing, cooked dinner made sure Logan has been feed, changed and put into bed. Taken care of Andy, gotten myself ready for work and put in eight hours before calling it a day.

While I have only been doing this for twenty four hours or so. I am already exhausted and I don't know how people, those that have kids and do it all on their own do this on a daily basis. After all, I am only one person with one hand and I am already going insane.

It's not so much the work but the whole doing it on one's own. And taking care of yourself on top of things.

Like I said, I appreciate the importance of a single parent. May you all be stronger than you look.

No comments: