Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Checking the list.

Well somehow I think we managed to get little man taken care of. Or rather for the most part that is. Unbelievable considering we have yet to hit the midway mark of the month. Sure they are sitting under the steps, and waiting to be wrapped and there is still one or two things we need to get. But by the end of the weekend (and thanks to some amazing parents who are willing to help out so we can finish up) well I think we will be good to go.

I always say I am going to be done sooner than I was last year. But never fully expect it to happen. And I am sure there will be years when I will get to do the mad rush at midnight on Christmas Eve because I waited till last minute. I specifically remember my mom doing this as a teen. But getting through a good chunk of the items now, well that feels pretty darn good.

Yes it does.

I must admit I love doing this, playing Santa. I know there will be a day when it will stop, but at the moment I do not contemplate this at all. I am enjoying the magic of the season for as long as I can. I don't know who will be more excited to see the things he gets. Myself (because I am pretty sure I will forget what exactly I got him) or my son. Either way I know it is going to be exciting.

Yes it will.

So then what is left for me to do? Well nephews. Four little boys who I hear have been very good boys this year. Which means I will need to make sure to get them something extra good. Work up a little magic of my own perhaps. Boys, they are somewhat easy to shop for. Especially when they are reaching that wonderful time of age when you give them a video game of some sorts and they seem ecstatic. 

Now if only my husband was as easy to figure out. Never the less, he will get done as well. Though come to think of it, I just may be going to those stores at midnight after all.....

Santa has some shopping to do my friends.

No comments: