Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

I am thankful for: Day Two.

I have written several posts about the special bond I have with my son, so it should come to no surprise that he is by far one of the things I am most grateful for.

One of my greatest achievements is being a mom. Growing up I was one of those girls that dreamed about having a kid, it was part of the reason at that time I wanted to be a teacher. I didn't care if it was a girl or boy just that it was a healthy. I suppose we all want the same thing.

I have to say when it comes to the kid department, I definitely lucked out. I have the worlds greatest kid. No joke. And he is my pride and joy. There isn't a day that goes by that I marvel at his achievements, his inner ability to be empathetic to anyone he comes across, including his teacher this past week. His attention to everyone's else baffles me and makes me proud to be the mom of the man he is becoming.

It takes a special kind of kid to hug his mom and ponder how you can play something with one hand because he wants his mom to experience the same sort of magic and fun that he gets to experience.

Special indeed.
And yes he is love.

No matter what kind of day I have had, he is there. He keeps me going. I can have the most craptastic of a day and the moment he comes running through the door displaying that gorgeous little grin, the craptastic day just vanished. It is moments like that when I find myself forever grateful for him. 

And I am grateful for the opportunity to be a mom. It is not something I take lightly as I know so  many who would love to be in my position.

Being a mom?

Well that, I am grateful every day for it.

No comments: