Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day Thirteen: I am thankful for my dad.

I am one lucky gal. You see I am one of those girls who has been blessed with a great dad. And as I get older I find I am more like him than not.

And you know that is perfectly alright with me.

Sure we both may have little quirks that only we understand, and he may apologize for this. But what he doesn't realize is, I am extremely proud to be my fathers daughter.

What other gal can say they had a father come sit on the bleachers of a HS softball game not to watch his daughter play, but to watch his daughter cheer the team because she was only a manager of the team. And yet he was there cheering alongside all the other.

It is one of my favorite moments of high school.

Even now as a grown adult, I realize just how thankful I am to have such a great dad. I know people who would only wish to be so lucky. And as I get older, I am more thankful that I am like him. Because he is a great guy, and I would be so lucky to be just like him.

So on this Thursday night, I am thankful for my dad.

And always will be.

No comments: