Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

It's hockey season once more.

And so it begins. Or it will be by the end of the week that is. If you don't know what I speak of, let me be the first to fill you in. This week marks the beginning of the NHL regular season.

This gal could not be more excited. Yes I have been watching the baseball playoffs, and the occasional football game (when I absolutely have to that is) but neither are the same, and come as poor substitutes to the game my household (and I) love so much. No I am not ashamed to admit this. We all have our sports.

I have been approached by numerous people around the office inquiring what I think about the season. How do you think we will fair? What about the coach? Do I even like this Orpik guy? These are questions I get about the same time every year, so really I am not surprised by any of them. And like usual I try and leave my own thoughts and comments to myself. Especially during the beginning of the season.

And this is why.

Because it is the beginning of the season. And because it is, I try and not pass judgement on the team until I actually see them. How are we going to do? I can not say. The best I can do is, I hope we will well, I think as a fan of any team this is your hope.

As a wife of someone in the organization, if not for me than for my husband. I do not wish for the next nine months of the emotional roller coaster that has often been seen within the last couple of years. And if you do not know what I am talking about, well lets just say I have seen my fair share of brooding and minor meltdowns around the house one day, and pure exhilaration the next. I will admit to having a few of my own no doubt.  I guess it should be expected when your life revolves around the season, your livelihood revolves around the season.

Its a vicious vicious cycle. 

Well then what about certain players? Well doesn't this remain to be seen? Hasn't the past proven itself enough? Especially if your a DC fan of any sport. A number one pick can be incredible, and then he gets hurt. And all of a sudden, well you know the rest. Or that trade nobody wanted? Turns out to be the best thing to happen to them. Tale as old as time (see what I did there)

So I am not going to bash any player, blame any player just yet. I will see how things go.

I will say, as a  fan either way, I am excited for the season ahead. I think some big changes will be put in to place and I am hoping many of them will be for the better. I am excited to get back to that rink, to be among the crowd as we cheer, as we let Goat take us into LETS GO CAPS....right on through April and with any luck, beyond.

I am just ready. Welcome back hockey, welcome back.

No comments: