Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hola, ¿cómo se dice... nervioso.

Let's discuss the whole school subject shall we?  Back in the beginning of April I discovered that if I push myself and take not only the planned fall and spring classes but a summer class as well I could graduate next May. The thought sounded quite fabulous really. After years of sitting in classrooms, and trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel, being done in a year, well I never thought I would see the day. And so I immediately began my search for a summer class, preferably one online because who necessarily wants to spend their summer jammed into a classroom for endless amount of hours. Not I.

There were few and far between option wise, a finical class-yeah no thank you. A few I had already taken, and a Spanish class. The good news the Spanish class only lasted five weeks. Five weeks I determine I can deal with. Sure it was going to be a hell of a lot of work. And it was going to be pretty much bust my ass sort of work. But five weeks in the grand scheme of things, I could handle. I signed up. I got this.

Until I saw the syllabus, the 15 page syllabus mind you.

I immediately go into panic mode. Honestly I do. I sit behind my computer rereading the thing shaking my head. There is no way, no way at all. It has been years since I have even attempted Spanish, though I can get to the bathroom and order McDonald's so I guess I am not that bad off. Still I wonder if my ambition back in April was far to high....

And maybe. Just maybe.

This whole taking a summer class should be re-evaluated. I will admit, syllabus's intimidate the hell out of me. Perhaps they are created to do just that, it works. I begin to think about everything. Maybe this isn't such a good idea. I know I am so close, but could I hold out for one more extra semester. Maybe that is the better option.

My answer is no. Delaying, is just that, delaying. And as much as the next five weeks may kill me, at the end. I will be one class down, four to go

And the thought of that sounds a hell of a lot better than the alternative. 

I just may need a little more extra luck. And a whole lot of prayers.

No comments: