Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Six goals I want to accomplish in 2014.

A week into the new years and I already have a great feeling about the year. Call it a refocus of things or perhaps rather a new perceptive of how I see things. But for whatever reason, I am trying to keep a positive attitude on this year. It its going to be a good year.

I have decided to start a list of things I want to get done this year, and have decided to share it with the world. They are in no particular order or have a method of why I want them, other than the obvious.

1. Put down my phone:

We live in a tech world anymore. I can not remember the last time Anderson and I had dinner where one of us-more so him than I-pulled out our phone. We barely talk at night anymore. I blame this on Ipads, laptops and cell phones. And so I want to put down my phone, close the laptop and maybe just focus on face to face communication a little more. Perhaps if I start, someone else will notice and attempt to do the same thing. No, I do not expect to leave the tech world behind but maybe every now and then we should start experiencing the world and our lives in real time rather than through the lens of a phone.

2. Teach my son it is OK- to play outside.

Yes, my son has played outside, he loves it. But he has spent an endless amount of hours this winter playing video games. I plan to teach him that every now and then there is thing called the sidewalk. A bike. Its good to see these things. Make friends. I want to teach him to laugh out in the rain, and catching raindrops in a jar can be an amazing afternoon memory. 

3. Finish my writing project.

I have been working on a project for pretty much my entire adulthood. Always one thing or another. More specifically I have been working on one writing project for the better part of a year and a half. It is time I try and finish it. This does not mean it will be absolutely completely one hundred percent ready to go. But my goal is to get to at least 100,000 words by the time December 31 rolls around. I am sitting at 74,000 plus. Wish me luck.

4. Read 40 books

This should be a no brainer and fairly simple. I finished 37 last year so my goal is 40 this year increasing it by 3 books. If I read more than this, awesome. But I will read 40 books. Yes I will.

5. Pay off car bill

Not going to lie, this is not exactly going to be easy, and if I have calculated I may be about two months shy of this. But I will say this, I paid off my last car early. And it was a fabulous feeling. With other things in the works, my son soon starting kindergarten getting that payment down and out of the way would be amazing.

6. Moms Panel 2015 here I come

Yes I realize they have just selected the new panelist, and they are just beginning to make their way to answering their first questions. And yes I took it hard after the loss. But it has only made me realize how much I would like to be apart of it, how much I want to help people and how much I love Disney. And so I vow I will prepare and plan. And you better believe I am already planning things to help me get there. I am taking notes, bringing pads of paper and answering questions already on my own. Will it work? Time will tell. But until then, I shall have fun trying.

So there you have it. My goals for the year. Go ahead, set your own. We shall do it together.

No comments: