Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Five-12/20/2013: Pages.

It has been a while since I have done my usual Friday Five. Then again it has been quite a busy little while. But this shall not be ignored. And so I bring you my five question Friday once again. This weeks topic is Pages

1. What book’s pages seemed to fly by as you read them?

Pretty much anything by Susan Mallery. Her books always seem to just put me in a really great mood. As much as I love a good in depth, thought provoking and sometimes emotional read, Susan's books are fun, and entertaining and always make me loose myself in the story. And sometimes, everyone needs a little lighthearted good old fashioned love story to make a day.

2. What’s a book you were pretty sure you would dislike but turned out to be great?

I just finished the 19th Wife by David Ebershoff in all honesty I had no idea what to expect as Religion is something I usually shy away from, in regards to reading. But I picked it up a local used book store for free with some store credit and it actually turned in to one of my favorite reads of the year. Not going to lie. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it. And while I may not agree with a lot of the subject, polygamy I felt I walked away with a deeper understanding of what it was, and gained a lot more knowledge of the Mormon faith. 

3.  What book’s main character would you fall in love with if you knew him or her in real life, and why?

There are two right off the bat that I can think of but since it asked for one and only one I would have to say

Scott Gandy from The Gamble- I first read this book in high school. I was a quiet shy teenager who was picked on and made fun of. I also have a disability. The main character did as well, and despite everything the gentleman fell in love with her. He looked beyond what was on the outside and her limitations to see and show her her potential. As a girl who had never had a guy it gave me a lot of hope.

4. Who’s the author you’ve read the most books by?

Toss up between Ann Martin who wrote the Babysitters Club series and Jude Deveruex, which I spent far to many nights in college reading her books. Both I have read all of.

5. What’s a really long book you enjoyed?

The Winter Sea by Susana Kearsley...again it was a surprise read, at the beginning of this year and one I fell in love with. Highly recommend for anyone looking for something different.

And there you have. A return to my Friday Five. May you have a fabulous weekend and enjoy the holidays.

No comments: