Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Vacation mode.

12 working hours.

This is all that stands between me and vacation. Its a glorious thought. Though I admit at the moment, the 12 hours that looms ahead of me are not appealing hours.

I can't concentrate. Not in the least. I want to. I really truly do. The thing is, I can't. Rather I am thinking about the loads of laundry that need to be completed. And the piles of clothes that actually need to make it into the suitcase rather than just lying on top of them. About the way we are getting to the airport, taking metro, will little man be OK. Will he keep up. I am thinking about medicine and the fact my ear is killing me. Which is exactly how I want to start my vacation.

Perhaps I will blame this on the fact that there isn't a whole lot going on around the office these days. The organization underwent a major re-org in which a lot of things have yet to be figured out. Its the week before memorial day and most have decided now seems like a pretty good time to take that vacation. The other half will be waiting it out.

This only allows me to have my mind wander even further, to stare at the clock until I swear it hasn't moved in over an hour. I get up. I walk. Anything. Anything to figure it all out. To try and concentrate.

I can't even write. My characters are there, but they too seem to be in vacation mode. I wonder where they are....are they enjoying themselves?

See I am even resorting to discussing my characters in the content of this blog in order to concentrate.

I suggest a ban 2 days before vacation, and a year later I fully stand my claim as I find little has changed since then. I can not concentrate, can not think about anything else and am already on vacation time.

And I still have 11 hours and 20 minutes to go.

Awesome.

No comments: