Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Five Question Friday 12/21: Its not the end of the world

 Well here it is, Friday December 21, 2012. According to the Mayans-or anyone else who believed it-the world was or is supposed to end today....at 6:12 in the morning. Seeing that it is now fifteen minutes til eleven, I am not holding my breath. But hey the day is still young. Until then, here are my Friday five. Theme: Its not the end of the world.

1. What’s something gross you’ve seen or tasted recently?

I had my first attempt at making gingerbread cookies this season. While it was fun process, and the end results turned out quite fabulous, some of the ingredients (the molasses for one thing) was just nasty looking, or tasting should I say when it stood alone. Much better in things I must say.

2. What movie this holiday season are you most looking forward to?


Les Miz. Its my favorite musical, so naturally I was excited to hear it was coming out into a musical movie version. I just hope it lives up to expectation and that it is just as good as I think its going to be. I fear it won't and then I will be left disappointed.

3. What makes one photographer better or worse than any other?

We had this debate when we were engaged. The hubs and I that is. Mainly because I really didn't know anything about photography at the time. But for me, if the person knows you and can capture that magic, the moment and the feeling without having to actually be told what to do, well that makes all the difference in the world. For instance, the one we use most frequently  has known me since I was a child, she knows about my disability and yet  not once do the pictures portray it as something major. I barely notice it. And to me, that makes all the difference.

4. What specific, annual part of this season most makes you feel all the positive feelings again?


Watching my son get excited. The belief is back, the magic and the moment. Its like for a moment everything is ok, and childhood is back. I love that about the season...and its something I miss personally.

5. What are your thoughts on eggnog?

Will admit to never having eggnog, which means I can't fully answer this question. But first thought I would assume its pretty nasty. And I don't think I would want to try it anyway.

This being the Friday before, I would like to wish you all a merry christmas, and a happy holiday..

No comments: