Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: A year in review


Its hard to believe that its the last day of 2012. Sometimes I wonder where the year has gone, and at other times it seems as though it has been an exceptionally long year.  This was the year the world was supposed to end, but as you can see, we survived. And we have made it through. As we end the year,  I like to reflect on the past years events, the good the bad and the somewhere in between. So without further ado...

January had me ringing in the new year at my home after my third surgery. I did a lot of nothing but sleep during the month and was able to spend some quality time with Logan.

February, saw me return to work, Logan turned three and I took him to his first ever hockey game. I don't know who had a blast more, me or him.

March brought about my first international trip, to visit my brother in law and sister in law. We spent ten days across the pond in Germany, Paris and London. It was a trip of a lifetime and one I will never forget. I would love to say I am going to get back, but at the moment I will be happy just getting over there once.

April was a chance for Andy and I to get away to celebrate his birthday in NYC for the weekend, and took him to his first hockey game as a fan since he started work with the Caps. 

May we celebrated six years of marriage and turned 32. Neither was celebrated to heavily, but I was fine with that.

June saw a derachio (sp) in the area, a nasty quick storm that caused a lot of flooding and power outages...that weekend was interesting to say the least.

July was spent doing our annual trip to Disney, and for the first time Logan seemed to actually get a lot of what was going on. He continues to talk about it, and has even begun saving his own money for our next trip. Seriously this is one smart kid.

August seemed to be an in between period as we were getting ready for Burgandy's wedding and me heading back to school after a semester off. We went and saw Kenny Chesney, again my annual trip.

September saw a fabulous wedding of Burgandy and Jamie in Whilmington NC. The wedding, the venue and the entire event was not only beautiful. but it was a fabulous labor day weekend.  This month also saw the birth of one of my bff's first child. 

October my parents celebrated 40 years of marriage. They serve as a great reminder to what a couple can achieve if they stick through things and work things out. Its not always going to be easy. We got off pretty lucky with Hurricane Sandy, it could have been a lot worse than it was. My building however is still trying to recover from some of the damage that Sandy left behind.

November we celebrated my little sisters 30th birthday, Thanksgiving with the Z side of the family and the fact that my medical bills were all paid off. Yes this was very exciting for us.

December is now coming to an end. celebrated the holidays with both sides,  Logan met Santa for the first time as this was his first year he was actually willing and interested in him. And we paused to remember those that were lost during the Sandy Hook tragedy.

With everything that has gone on during 2012, I look forward to what 2013 has in store....

Happy New Years Eve!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad those surgeries are over for you and I hope you never have to revisit a situation like that again. You've had an all-around eventful year. Health and happiness for 2013!

eslachtdermai said...

Here's to 2013 being better than 2012!!!!!!

Aleisha said...

Thank you! May 2013 be fabulous for both of you as well...