Monday, October 29, 2012


Sandy began her approach this morning, though in all honesty it truly began like any other rain storm really. So much so that we headed into work, because neither Anderson nor my owns work decided to close. Still we made plans to head out early, whether we were given the OK or not. The way I figured it, they were lucky enough I made it in there, and if things where going to be heading the way they were projecting, there was no way I was going to be sitting in an office for the next forty-eight hours.

No way in hell...

And if that wasn't enough, the fact that I came in to three other people-all of which were managers-sealed the deal. I listened as one by one people called in, feeling like they were the smarter of the bunch. And I remained, earning some mad props from the managers who didn't expect most of anyone to be in. Though I admit, I got the hell out of there as fast as I could. Finishing a report and sending myself some things to do in the likelihood that I would not be in tomorrow, before deciding enough was enough and made my way home.  With the deserted roads, and government and the transportation shutdown, it made for an eerie scene as we left. It was like everything and everyone packed up and just left town.

Anderson and I picked up little man from the in-laws and then came home to hanker down for the long run. For how long, it remains to be known as of the moment, we have been fortunate enough not to lose power. It has flickered but it still remains. We were able to cook dinner, give a bath and are now watching TV. We are told its still supposed to get bad, and the winds will be the huge factor tonight. Most everything has been closed for tomorrow including the metro, the government and  my scheduled exam, which I am oh so heartbroken about. And life in the DC area at least for the moment is on standstill.

Believe me, in a town like DC, standing still is pretty damn near impossible.
Way to go Sandy.
Way to go.

No comments: