Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

I'm a Big Boy now.

Well it seems as though we have come to yet another milestone in terms of the toddler years. We now have a fully potty trained little man on our hands. For the most part that is. We still put pull ups on at night, which have remained dry for the better part of the past seven nights. But for the past week, he has been wearing his big boy underwear and have had only one accident thus far. Not bad if you ask me.

It of course has taken a while. After all we started the whole process back in February right after he turned three. Back then I thought it was going to take awhile, but didn't realize just how long it would take. I mean a month yes, two months ok maybe. But here it is the end of June and he has finally gotten the hang of it.

Finally.

We made good on our promise though, back when we began the potty training event that we sat down and came up with goals..little prizes here and there. And what did Logan want as his big prize? What every three year old dreams of. A trip to.....can you guess??


Disney World...oh wait nope wrong place. Chuck E Cheese. Ah yes that is much better...so yes we made good on this promise this afternoon. For two hours little man ran around, cheered and played games throughout the place informing those around him that the entire reason he was there was because he was using the big boy potty.

The kid has no shame I tell you.

And as a proud parent, I suppose I couldn't ask for more.  Though at the same time there is a certain amount of sadness knowing that this means my little man, is growing up. Its one less thing he will need me for. The thought saddens me more than I want to admit. I mean I love the fact I don't have to worry about diapers. But I miss the baby stage at the same time. Who would have thought?

Still I am extremely proud of little man. It has been a long few and at times challenging few months. But all the hard work has paid off in the form of a newly potty trained son. I know we aren't officially over the hill, since we have yet to put him in big boy underwear at night. And I know there is going to be the accident from time to time. But for the most part, well for the most part he is trained.My mother in law asked what we were planning to top this...

Well...

Going to Disney World actually.

No comments: