Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Five Question Friday-5/11-Travel

I find this Friday Five funny. Why do I find it funny. You may ask why, well because as I was commuting in with the husband this morning I was doing my best to convince him we needed to escape. You know get in the car, head to the airport and go to Disneyworld. We would be the in three hours..The thought was most excellent. Unfortunately he could not be convinced despite my countless efforts. But nope, financially we couldn't just drop that much unless however we found that pot of gold before we made it to my office. I am sorry to report no such thing was found.

That being said, here is this weeks Five...enjoy.

1. If you could get on a plane tomorrow, where would you go for a week? Where would you go for a month?

For a week? well gee if you couldn't tell by now, and judging by my response in my opening I would think this to be sort of obvious. Hmm maybe Disney?? Seriously I could probably live there in all honesty. OK maybe not but I would settle for living close enough to go down when I wanted, but far enough away that its still a get away.  If the husband is reading this, perhaps he may just come up with something up his sleeves...hmm. No seriously I do not expect this what so ever. The thought though is rather nice.

As for a month, well overseas again. Because I felt like while we saw and did a lot, there is still so much we missed and Paris was a bit rushed. Yes I could have stayed there a little longer....


2. Where do you want most to return to?

Boston, Disney. I could return to this places any day and never get tired of them...my two favorite places to travel to. Yes really. Something about both just speaks home to me...is this weird? Yes probably? Can I explain it? No not really.

3. What was your most memorable meal or drink while traveling?

I have a thousand food allergies. Beef, pork and dairy. Which means eating and traveling for me never go hand in hand. But that is one of the things I love most about Disney, and one of the main reasons I return every year. When I am down there they take such care for those of us, that we get chefs and specialized meals. Anyways so last year while eating at O'Hanna's (at the Poly) I had this incredible chef, who offered me dessert. I assumed it was fruit because thats my usual offering. But no. This guy came up with dairy free ice cream and the best chocolate chip ice cream-dairy, nut, gluten, egg, free-it was so fabulous I had my skeptical husband try it. He said it was the best he had ever had. So much so he took the second one for himself. Yes it really was that good.

4. What is the most breathtaking view in your city? How about from your travels?

Several years ago-actually more like decades really. EEKKK- my father took me to bring our daughters to work day. It was one of the first they had ever had, pre-mandatory any kid boy or girl-anyway so I went into DC with him, my father is an electrician. I thought I was some shit to go with him. Anyway we broke for lunch and he took me up to the top of the roof of a building he was working at. I believe it was the top of the National Geographic Building. It was an incredible view, maybe it was the fact I was with one of my favorite people in the world, or truly the view was just that spectacular. But for whatever reason it was amazing.

From my travels. From the top of Notre Dame in Paris. The view of the city....no words can describe how breath taking beautiful it was...

5. What’s the most touristy thing you’ve done?

On that same trip to Europe, my husband and I went to England. And of course there were three things I had to do before leaving. Take a cab, ride a double decker and stand in a phonebooth. All of which we did. And it was awesome.

May this weekend find you off on an adventure of two....

Last chance sweetie....

No comments: