Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Sunday night blues.

I admit it. There is a feeling that comes upon me every Sunday night. Lets call it, the three D's. Dread, doom and utter dislike. Its been hitting me for awhile now. And no matter how much I try to ignore this awful feeling it seems to creep up on me, without so much of a warning.

I am beginning to think this is telling me something.

Sometimes I don't know what it is, Perhaps its the thought that tomorrow is in fact Monday. The weekend is over and won't be saying hello for another five days.  Maybe its the fact my weekends are becoming so packed with activities, that even the weekends aren't like they once were. I do remember after all a time when sleeping in was the rule instead of the exception on the weekend. And when staying out late meant until midnight instead of 9 pm. And hanging with friends seemed to be the in thing to do. And now? Well now Saturdays and Sunday are packed with things like wedding showers, and shopping. And before long they will be filled with projects, practices ad sports tournaments.

And Sunday evening is just another night.

Still my packed weekend seems to be a hell of a lot more pleasurable than a week at work. And an afternoon spent with my favorite three year old beats sitting in two hour traffic any day.

None of this of course helps me with my Sunday night blues. The thoughts of all of it only dampen my thoughts that much more. After all, I am staring at the clock realizing that before long I will have to be heading to bed only to get up at 430 in the morning. I think maybe I need to find a job that allows me the freedom of not working on Mondays. Yes this wouldn't be so terrible. Or maybe not at many Mondays.  I realize half of my friends are in the education field and as I write this they are on spring break, a thought I admit gets me jealous and debating a career change. Though I know they have it far from easy themselves.

Still the thought of a week off, is tempting enough to think about.

And I am pretty sure they get a whole lot more Mondays off than me.


1 comment:

Cori H. said...

I always have the Sunday night blues. I never can get to sleep on Sunday nights because I'm always dreading Mondays. No fun!