Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Game 3-Heartbreak

When your a fan of a team losing on home turf sucks. After all, there i a certain sort of expectation that the home crowd comes to expect. A win is one of them.

But losing at home during a playoff game? Well it sucks about ten times more than it does during regular season. Trust me on this one.

There is this feeling of being disappointed. Of questioning things, plays that were made. Plays that weren't made. You begin to wonder which player could do so much better and which need to be benched. Yes its frustrating. Its heartbreaking its every emotion wrapped into one.

And so much more.

I know I for one thought we had a pretty good chance of winning on home ice. Really I did. Or maybe it was wishful thinking, but none the less yes I did. And I still thought so as the game went on because believe it or not, it was a good game. It was a battle, but finally we were beginning to see the scoring that we needed. Of course, we saw it from Boston as well. But still. At least we were scoring, and often enough that for awhile we had the leads. And the hope that we would walk away from this game with a 2-1 lead in the series.

And yet as the final minutes played out, and Chara scored the game winning goal, with a 4-3 victory, I sat there silently thinking. Shit. Is this the way the series is going to go? I felt so disappointed that we lost, on our home ice none the less...and what sucks, is that despite what the scoreboard read the game was actually really good.

This is what is so disappointing. Because its not like we are Pittsburgh at the moment, and the games are pretty much blow outs. No, these games are battles. They are hard wear out til the other team is tired sort of games. Both teams are in it, both teams seem to want it. They score, we score. And vice-verse. Or neither of us score until OT, to which its whomever scores first at that point. They have been incredible games. I used to hate the close scoring games, but now, well now not so much. I have seen several games in this years playoffs that are so lopsided the fights become more entertaining than the game. But no, not this series. All three games have been emotionally draining. I am sure the Bruins fans would agree with this statement. Because these games are not for the faint of heart. Both teams have seemed to be on their A games, and the opposing teams seemed to have met their challenge. And losing like that, when you know you have done everything, when you have fought and played your heart out and everything like that. Royally sucks.

It would be a hell of a lot easier if we were playing a lot crappier than we truly are. Because then I would say, well you know what boys, with the way you are playing, you don't exactly deserve to win. Not at all...And I wouldn't have to sit every game, with my head in my hands, or covering my eyes, or staring at the clock thinking one goal is going to be the difference between winning and losing this game.

As proven by all three games obviously.

I remind myself that the series is far from being over. And Thursday is another day, another game. And I am fully confident that we can tie up this series and head into Boston with a 2-2 series.

Because this is the playoffs. And I expect nothing less than an incredible hard fought series...

No comments: