Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 3

Day three. Recovery is going slow and steady. They decided to allow me liquids today after pretty much four days of nothing. It is terrible but something is better than nothing I suppose. They say once I pass gas and am able to fully use the restroom they will increase my diet, giving me all the more reason to do so. Of course that being said this does not make my system wake up any faster as much as I wish it would.

I am amazed and touched by the people that seem to care so much. And no I am just not talking about the nursing staff but friends and family. Its always interesting to see just who comes calling. Just this morning I received a phone call from a friend who I haven't spoken to in years. She moved to NM, and heard about my issues, thanks in part to Facebook. She called around to every hospital in the area until she found the right one. The thought of her doing that just touched me so deeply. At the same time I have friends in the area who I have not heard one peep from. And while I don't expect to hear from anybody, when these are some of my best friends, it would be kind of nice to hear at least something from them.

Boredom has begun to sink in, though I do try to keep myself busy. I have plenty of things to read and do, but find the lack of energy at times to do any of it and so I end up staring at the TV for the better part of the day, and since the Soaps I used to watch are no longer on, its a lot of news. I am sure both my mom and my husband are so thrilled with this.

Still no word on when I am getting out, the doctors seem to think maybe New Years. But nothing has been written in stone as much as I would like. Right now its just day by day. Which is probably something I am going to have to get used to.




No comments: