Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time is a flying my friend.

Tomorrow marks the first of December. Seriously? December? I had to check because I am pretty sure, yesterday we were celebrating the coming of Spring. And yet here we are, getting ready to put the cap on yet another year.

I wonder when the years began to fly. Because I know for a fact they did not fly by this fast growing up. No, growing up it seemed like the holidays were years away. I counted down on that advent calendar, and it took forever to get here. Summers were long, and the days were lazy. Friends were always around, always there for you. And your sisters were the biggest pain in the butts.

I for one wished my years away back then, I always said when I grew up things would be different. Time would not move so slowly. Yes back then, I wanted life to move a lot faster than it was when i was a child.

And yet, here I am in my early thirties, and it seems my mom was  right, as she often is. The older I get the fast they go by. Suddenly those moments that I longed for as a kid, suddenly I want back. I don't want it to fly. I want to bottle moments up and cherish them and sit in the backyard with my best friends and figure out what shape the cloud is...

But now time is filled with diaper changes, and milestones. In classes I take and hockey seasons. And somhow before I know it December rolls around just like that.

We put the tree up this past Friday, decorated and trimmed the house in the holidays best. I couldn't help but think, didn't I just take this down? Whats the point? Didn't I didn't I?? Where oh where had the days gone? 

I keep telling myself next year things will slow down, for surely one of these days it has to. But I am beginning to wonder if it truly ever will. Logan is growing up, while it is still a couple of years away I know school will be here before I know. Andy and I are talking about another kid, when Logan was first born I remember thinking ok that is still three years away he is crazy for already planning. We had plenty of time. Logan was a newborn.

And yet? Those three years are coming up. Logan will be three in February. February, which at the moment seems so far away and so close at the same time. 


Maybe he wasn't so crazy after all.

1 comment:

Cori H. said...

I remember wishing that time would fly. Now, I wish it would just slow down. If only we knew then what we know now...