Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wonderstruck.



Dear Taylor Swift-

Well you have done it kid. You now have two members of my household in love with you. Or at least some sort of aspect of you.

I hope you fondly remember my letter carefully addressed to you regarding my son's-now just about 3-love of you. I assure you he has not changed his mind and we still look forward to welcoming you into the family in the near future.

And so here is my second confession. I was stuck at the mall this past weekend when we made our way through the Macy's. I quickly tried to hurry my way through the dreaded perfume aisle. Not because any of them tempt me, but because half of the time they cause such headaches and severe reactions that my day is ruined. But of course we are getting closer to that magical time of year, and so this was not to be avoided. I was just about out of the store when I saw your bottle sitting there prettily on the counter. And while I usually never do such a thing, I admit it peaked my interest. I picked up that bottle, and oh my god. What a mistake. I fell in love right there in the middle of Macy's.

Can you do nothing wrong?

I mean my song is in love with you. Your super talented, music, writing  a killer perfume. I only fathom whats next for you. 

I quickly slide on a sample to my skin, noticing that for the remainder of that mall trip I couldn't help but continue to smell my wrist. As an added bonus, neither could my husband. And my husband is one of those I don't like high obnoxious perfume kind of guys. Well let me tell you, I think you may have just changed his mind. I wish I could describe the smell, I wish I could wrap it up. But its wonderful. Its soft, its feminine. Its sexy. Its powerful. Its all of these things wrapped into one. That is the best I got.

And surprise surprise, it gave me neither a headache nor a reaction...bonus number two right there.

I guess by now you have guessed that we did not leave that Macy's without a bottle. And your right, we didn't. I managed to grab one of the last bottles the store had. I will admit for a moment I felt a bit out of place. I am no longer a tween, and I was afraid the cashier would look at me rather strange. Thankfully she just smiled and said this was one of her favorite new scents out there. Whether this was for the sale or not, we will never know so lets just pretend she loved it as much as I did.She then made sure to draw my attention to the Justin Bieber perfume. I quickly declined. She asked if I was sure, I said yes. There was just no way. She handed me my bag and we quickly left.

I turned to my husband who looked at me in a whole new light and told him I was in love.

His response?

'Its ok dear. It runs in the family.'

No comments: